St. Helena Primary School
is a Kindergarten through Second Grade school located in the town of St. Helena, in the heart of the Napa Valley. It is a new school, opened in 2000. The facility is architecturally distinctive and beautifully landscaped. Garden beds, an outdoor gazebo and picnic tables by each classroom extend learning outdoors. There are fifteen classrooms; three portables housing music, art, and physical education; a multipurpose room/cafeteria, called "The Barn”; and an administration building housing the library/computer lab and staff offices. The views from the school are rural and beautiful in all directions.
The Mission of the St. Helena Primary School
St. Helena Primary School is a child-centered community:
- Combining the joy of learning with high academic standards
- Laying the foundation for confident life-long learners and responsible global citizens
- Providing an enriched, nurturing, and creative environment that educates the whole child
- Developing inquiring, knowledgeable, caring young people
- Ensuring children’s literacy across the curriculum
The Mission of the St. Helena Unified School District
The St. Helena Unified School District community is dedicated to providing opportunities and resources for all students to achieve their highest academic and social potential in a global society.
- WE BELIEVE THAT:
- We are all teachers and learners.
- Respect, integrity and honesty are core responsibilities of all individuals.
- Commitment to high expectations inspires excellence and personal best.
- Everyone has the right to achieve his or her full potential.
- A supportive environment fosters creative and confident learners.
Some of the activities at SHPS:
- Weekly celebrations of progress in the Read-A-Lot program
- Monthly Cozy Reading Days
- Our “buddy” program, teaming second grade and kindergarten students who share activities during the year
- Assemblies for the whole school focusing on science and social studies themes as well as our Character Education program
Big Events we look forward to each year:
- Dr. Seuss' Birthday
- Cinco de Mayo
Dads & Donuts
- Student Music concerts
- The Artists in Residence program
- Read-a-Lot Celebration
What Every Angel Knows
- Our School Mascots are Angels (a winged mouse, cat and dog).
- Our School Colors are Purple and White.
- Our School Motto is “Be an Active Listener, Truthful, and Trustworthy. Give appreciations, No Putdowns, and do your Personal Best.”
- Our School Song goes, “I get a happy feeling here at my school, here at my school, here at my school. I get a happy feeling here at my school. Here at St. Helena Primary School.”
SHPS gives students year-round opportunities to build
academic strength, self confidence and social skills through a range of experiences.